Not sure where to begin when looking for an internship? We’ve partnered with College Recruiter to bring you real stories of the best and worst intern candidates, gathered from insights provided by Intel and NECC. Whether you’re a student or a career advisor guiding students, familiarize yourself on these do’s and don’ts when seeking an internship.
- Network with employees at organizations of interest and try to find a personal connection
- Apply for internships you’re passionate about, even if you don’t meet all the requirements
- Show enthusiasm and knowledge about the internship
- Utilize resources such as the Career Center and job management software
- Research the organization to prepare for an interview
- Use The Campus Career Coach to review real job advice and better prepare yourself
- Wait until the last-minute to plan your internship search
- Apply to anything and everything; tailor your search
- Assume your experience alone will get you the internship
- Apply without explaining why you’re interested or passionate
- Put off the search until spring
- Come empty-handed or under-dressed to an interview
Want access to the full guide? Download Now!